Thursday, July 12, 2007

Can't Leave Well Enough Alone

So the thing is I can't stop worring about my phone call with the Spit Test Nurse. I'm worried that I do have something wrong with me that might cause a problem with our next embryo adoption. Knowing those antibodies are there is bothering me. So I'm going to do a little more study and a little more talking to doctors to see if I can find some peace of mind.

In the meantime, we're scheduled to meet with Embryo Doctor soon. We're finishing up our embryo adoption homestudy. I had blood drawn yesterday to test for HIV, Hep B & C, Syphilis. I need to have a TB test done in the next day or so at Urgent Care. Aaaaannnnd, what else???? Oh, put in all my orders for the drugs I'll need soon. The hardest to get is the progesterone in olive oil.

Normally progesterone comes in sesame oil. Sesame oil provides an easy to inject suspension for the progesterone. Olive oil is slightly thicker and a little harder to get through the needle into my rear. The only problem is that the sesame gives me welts the size of New Jersey and makes it painful for me to sit - allergic reaction to the sesame. I'm fine for the first week or so but then I start getting knots at the injection site and then bruises and then huge welts. I suffered through the first transfer thinking this was normal. Thank goodness it's not.

So that's my current list of things to do. It doesn't look too bad. But hanging over my head is the whole question about treating or not treating my non-diseased but being attacked by my own body thyroid. I just want to have as healthy a pregnancy as possible.

I'm so excited to be pregnant in September.

No comments: