Sunday, January 22, 2012

Another New Year, Another Random Post

Several things of note as I wait for Sims 3 to load on my computer. (It's like waiting for Jumpman to load on a Commodore 64. I can go make a grill cheese, come back and the game isn't finished loading yet).

1. Regarding diets and detoxes for this year. I'm wavering between detoxing and dismissing the detox as junk science. I started to "detox" a week ago in an attempt to stop my back jiggle from getting worse. A virus derailed all progress, which, I have to say, wasn't remarkable. So I have soured on the detox mostly because I didn't like the side effects of irritability and hunger. I'll lose the weight. I always do. Probably by way of the Coffee Diet or the Wine Diet.

2. Presidential debates are producing vivid dreams wherein I attend church, receive Communion, and am harangued by Ann Coulter not to vote for "Eye of" Newt Gingrich. Dreams are probable side effect of the detox.

3. I can finally, truthfully, post the following bumper sticker on my car: "Proud parent of a child who jammed a Lego up his nose." Lego was removed thanks to a solid coaching session of nose blowing by my DH.

4. If I hear one more child ask me where Darth Vader's head is, I am going to explode. My unvoiced rant, "Look here you little destructo-bot, when I was little I didn't bite the head off of my action figures. Yes, I may have cut my Barbie's hair, ONE TIME. And yes, I drew a goatee on one with a ball point pen because my mom wouldn't let me have a Ken. But biting the head off of Darth Vader is too Ozzy. It needs to stop. Do you want people to think you're a psychopath? Do you want to choke on it? Don't roll your eyes at me. Choking hazards are very real. I almost died choking on a penny when I was four. So there you go. Keep this up and you've got less than a year to live because if I can choke, so can you. And while I'm at it, keep the friggin couch cushions on the couch. We don't live in a tent in the middle of the Arabian desert. Until then, pillows don't go on the floor."

5. Game is finally loaded. You'll have to find another diversion.

No comments: