Friday, December 28, 2007

17 Weeks

Today I went to see the doctor with whom I was formerly upset. She was back to being wonderful. I think I can explain the phenomenon of my last visit. First, it was advent. My advent was filled with tiny gnat-like annoyances and evils. It was like walking uphill with a tiny rock in your shoe. So lots of strange annoying things happened and that made me more sensitive. Second, I'm pregnant and I don't take kindly to the idea of killing any of my children especially given what I've been through to get to this point. So I'm a little sensitive in that way too.

I found out that the nurse who laughed at my fatness is leaving the practice. A nice new nurse weighed me today. She was alarmed by the fact that I've lost a pound and a half. We're totally best friends now. (I lost the weight b/c of the virus not because I'm dieting, Mom). The doctor was super nice today. John came with me and got to meet her. He loved her even though he was ready to be Mr. Nasty if she made me cry again.

The twins are still beautiful, of course. They were very active during the ultrasound. We saw them batting at each other - playing. It was adorable! Heart rates today for Baby A were 153 and for Baby B were 136. John and I didn't talk about it until tonight but now we suspect even more strongly a boy and a girl. The doctor tried to get a glimpse today but couldn't see anything.

The wives tale is that girls have faster heart rates than boys. Mr. Cubby's HR was always in the 150's so it's obviously not a TRUE wives tale :) but still it's interesting to note the difference. Our doctor tells us that the babies both look healthy and not to worry - differences in HR are normal.

As for the pregnancy, no more sleeping on my back until I give birth. I'm having some round ligament pain and back pain as the babies grow but nothing too terrible. The cervical pain has also gotten much better. I've got a small tummy pooch. Last night I stuck a mini basketball in my shirt so I'd look more like the mama of twins. John and I were a little punchy from lack of sleep we take our laughs where we can get them. :)

1 comment:

Rachie Rach said...

I think you're having a boy and a girl, too!!! Interestingly enough, JM's heartbeat was faster than this little one and we know she's a girl! Maybe we should change the Old Wives Tale....:-) I'm glad to hear you had a good Christmas...delayed though it was. JM had Roseola over the holidays so we had an awesome time...anyway, I'm DYING to find out if you're having a boy and a girl...when do you know?