Tuesday, June 3, 2008

6 1/2 weeks later...

Yeah, well the babies came early and wouldn't you know it - we've been just swamped with things to do. Go figure. We were totally unprepared. I started writing a bit about their birth while I was in the hospital because I knew I'd rarely get the chance once I came home. I hope to upload what I wrote when I find it - but who knows when that will be.

To sum up. My water broke at 4am on Saturday, April 19th. I yelled. John shot out of bed, grabbed the phone and hauled me out of the house faster than you can say, "The twins are on the way." I got the epidural - blessed thing that epidural. I'm a huge, huge fan now. Got an IV too - not a fan. Wish they had an epidural for the IV. Babies were born 15 minutes apart around 9am - my memory is fuzzy b/c of the multiple multiples late-night feedings. Pootie-Poot (the boy, who looks just like Vladimir Putin) weighed in at 5.7 and Patagie (the girl) weighed in at 4.1.

They are the smallest little babies I've ever set eyes on. Both spent time in the NICU - 10 days for the girl and 11 for the boy. Now they're home with us and doing quite well. Pootie-Poot is throwing a fit right now as I type... I'm hoping he runs his own battery down and falls asleep but the longer it goes on the more doubtful I become.

It's very odd to read my last entry and know that mere days later the babies were born. The pregnancy was very surreal, not at all like my first. The experience was amazing and I'd do it again in a heartbeat, of course. And I think, once I refund my sleep debt, I'll be ready to try for triplets.... :)

1 comment:

The Heart of Things said...

Congrats Suzanne! We knew from Maura and were so excited. Nice to "see" you back at the blog and we're praying for you ALL! Power naps are KEY! (not that I know, being a guy and all... but a power nap is a power nap!

Bill and Rebecca