Friday, June 6, 2008

Sleep? Who me?

Last night I saw every hour between midnight and now (it's 3pm). On the one hand, sleep deprivation makes me very tired and grouchy. On the other hand, I have seen first hand and now fully understand the importance of having the twins on the same feeding schedule.

Being the mother of twins is so cool. Taking them out in public makes all of the at-home craziness worth it. I took them in to Will's school this morning and you'd have thought I had the Baby Jesus in the stroller. People flocked to the babies, took pictures, stared (in a nice way), congratulated me, told me that I looked fabulous. (It's still all about me which is awesome - a pox on all of you nay sayers who said having a daughter would take away my princess status). The trip totally gave me the boost I needed to stay awake another 12 hours.... as did the Chick Fillet sweet tea.

I'd like to add that iTunes suck and that I can't figure out how to burn a cd. The program crashes continually. However, the nanny just arrived home with a giant bag of M&M's so I think it's time for a break.

TTFN

1 comment:

Rachie Rach said...

I write this as I'm trying to get Caroline to sleep after she's only slept approx. 1 hour today...I find myself thinking "What if I had TWO who weren't sleeping?" You have ALL my sympathy but also ALL of my congratulations! I'm so happy the twins are doing so well and I'm dying to meet them!!! How are the boys doing with them?
BTW...your little girl came home a day before Caroline was born! :-)