Friday, January 25, 2008

21 Weeks

My parents just left us today after a nearly week-long visit. It was wonderful to have them here to help with the boys. I don't know what I'm going to do without them! Yesterday my in-laws came over for dinner and we had a fabulous flank steak from Let's Dish. (I highly recommend it. It's the Flank Steak with Onions and Balsamic Glaze.) My parents, DH and in-laws secretly discussed my casual attitude toward my "restricted activity" and declared that I needed to be off my feet for double the time and doing half as much. I appreciate their concern and while I admit that I'm probably doing more than my doctor had in mind, I don't think the twins are in danger. I wouldn't take that sort of risk with the lives of my children.

I can't say that I blame them for being concerned. I've developed this exaggerated walk to take pressure off of my pelvis - a rolling waddle. I also wince a lot. I sigh a lot. And I get out of breath easily since the babies are pushing up into my lungs. So I'm sure they took one look at me and concluded that I was about to have the babies last night.

On an unrelated note, we're searching for a stroller option to carry one toddler and two infants. Any suggestions?

No comments: