Thursday, January 17, 2008

Nearly 20 Weeks

Yesterday the babies weren't too active until the evening. I was worried. But then they started tumbling around again after their older sibs were in bed. I try to be alert to kicks during the day but it's much easier to feel them when the house is quiet.

Belly watch: I got bigger this last week. I'm not in the small belly club anymore. I'm about the size I was when I was eight months w/ Mr. Cubby. The church mom's I talked to today said that they still weren't sure just by looking that I'm expecting - but I think they were just saying that because most pregnant mom's don't like being told they look pregnant since that can easily be interpreted as meaning they look fat.

Today it's snowing - a lot. I like to make fun of Virginia snow hype because I grew up in the Midwest and snow is not a special event. But today, after driving in the stuff, I concur that the warnings are not hype. The roads are slick and snow-covered. The snow had only been falling for about an hour before I drove home from Mom's Group (Church Mom's not PP Mom's) and it took me two tries to make it up my driveway - it's not a steep incline. That's never happened to be before here in Old Dominion. So I've been calling John every hour and telling him to leave work now.

Will's school dismissed at 1:30. A carpool mom is picking him up and bringing him here. He should be home soon. Mr. Cubby just went down for his nap. I'm going to let Will watch a movie so I can catch a nap too. It's in the Mom's Handbook on page 123, second paragraph - "When pregnant, especially with multiples, feel no guilt about showing movies to your children if you are in need of a nap."

Oh and speaking of TV, I couldn't take it. I'm watching again. I decided that I'll give up TV for Lent. It's not that I was missing good shows - it was just too much effort to find good books to read once I had read through "Growing Up Brady."

No comments: