Friday, November 9, 2007

10 Weeks

So I'm 10 weeks pregnant today. I'm exhausted. I didn't get my nap. Also very thirsty. I'm thirsty all the time. My morning sickness seems to be improving little by little. I'm still taking my two shots of progesterone a day and 1/2 estrace pill 2/x a day.

I went to the doctor today. My first visit with the new doc. She was excellent. First, she talked to me and asked me a lot of good questions. Always nice not to feel rushed through your first appointment. She spent at least 45 minutes with me. Never in my life have I talked to a doctor for so long.

She was also really great about Mr. Cubby having to come with me. And she was great about helping me out when Mr. Cubby peed through his onsie and blue jeans. Of course, I didn't have a change of clothes for him. It was just once of those days when we were constantly on the move and I didn't think to check the diaper bag for supplies. She was so nice about letting me change the baby in the middle of the appointment. Then when he got fussy, she entertained him with medical supplies.

The best part was that she let me have a sonogram. Every sonogram is like Christmas. Early on, you just want to know the babies are still alive. I saw both heartbeats again. Both babies were moving around, kicking and waving their arms. It was amazing to watch. And to think just 8 weeks ago, they were being reanimated as the antifreeze in their little embryo bodies was being replaced with water. In just 8 short weeks they've grown fingers and toes and hearts and heads. Such a miracle. I can't get over it.

We've started to tell everyone we're having twins. I feel a lot more confident after seeing them again today. So Rachel, you can start telling people... oh wait, you already did. ;)

No comments: