Friday, November 2, 2007

9 weeks

I've got my first appointment with The New Doctor next Friday. She seems like a good doctor, a good person. We shall see. The webpage she keeps for her practice says she worked in Calcutta with orphans so how bad could she be?

The MS is pretty constant at night. I've been really good about not throwing up. So happy about that. There is nothing - hear me - NOTHING worse than throwing up. Twice daily shots in the bum are easy in comparison. Speaking of, we're running out of real estate on my bum for the shots, if you can believe that. But all in all, the shots really haven't been that bad. I think we only have two more weeks left of shots. Keeping my fingers crossed. Note to future Suzanne, shots on the hip hurt way less than on the bum proper

So I was looking around on my computer last night and I turned on my TCOYF software (Taking Charge of Your Fertility). It's a computer program to do Natural Family Planning and it's great b/c you don't have to order new charts and stuff. Anyway, I made notes in it when I first found out I was pregnant with Mr. Cubby. My bHCG levels are also recorded. Mr. Cubby's first beta was 334 at 13 days past transfer. The second beta was 1070 at 15 days post transfer. The numbers were high then and I wrote (this just makes me laugh) that "John is sure we're having triplets." This time around our first bHCG was (gulp) 3800 at 15 days past transfer. Our second was 8902 at 17 days past transfer. John was sure we were having triplets this time too - so was I, with numbers that high who could blame us. But it turns out we're having twins. Hooray!

For those two or three of you who read this blog, please don't spread the news to anyone else just yet. We made the announcement to John's family a few days before Halloween but we're still a little nervous about the possibility losing one of the babies. Admittedly the beta levels were so high that we're fairly confident they'll both be OK but we'd still like to have another ultrasound confirmation.

And finally, Will's latest contribution to the list of names is Shaggy and Scoob. He's emphatic that it not be Scooby for some reason.

5 comments:

Niki said...

You don't know me, but I've been peeking in on your blog recently. I found you when I did a search for Embyro Adoption. We are planning on doing a FET with donor embryos early next year. Very excited to read about your twins. I promise not to tell anyone though :)

Maura said...

YAHOO! Although I am usually not partial to themes, I like Shaggy and Scoob for the twins. Chris like Cosmos and Damian (the former ruined by Cosmo Kramer and the latter ruined by the Omen). You already have Benedict and Scholastica. James the Greater and James the Lesser? Ha ha. I am soooooo super happy for you guys. And I promise I won't breathe a word.

Suzanne said...

To Mark and Niki,
I hope all goes well for you. Are you working with an embryo adoption agency for your FET? Best of luck to you.

Niki said...

Thank you! We aren't working with an agency. Our clinic had donor embryos available.

Rachie Rach said...

I also will not breathe a word...but I'm so super excited!!!! I just can't WAIT!! Mark and Niki, best of luck...you won't get a better person to talk to than Suzi....she's amazing!!