Friday, November 16, 2007

11 Weeks

I got an email today from the nurse who is managing my meds. Break-through week. As of today, I can stop the Estrace completely and reduce my progesterone by half. The only down side is that I still have to do two shots a day but like I said before, the shots aren't too bad once you get over the initial muscle soreness.

I had a rough week of morning sickness because I wasn't taking naps everyday like I apparently need to. I was all like, "My morning sickness was pretty over by the end of 9 weeks with Mr. Cubby so it will be over this week." No. No way. And for the record, morning sickness is not, I repeat, NOT psychosomatic. I tried like heck to psych myself out of it this week. Told myself I didn't need a nap. Told myself I could be super mom and carry both boys on either hip and John on my back. Bad idea. What I should have done was nap and then, after the nap, watch E True Hollywood Story.

I feel like such a no account deadbeat wife when John comes home and everything is a mess, including me, and he says, "What happened today?" And I growl, "I didn't take a nap." Because how utterly stupid does that sound to a guy who has been slaving in the data mines all day? When I try to do too much, like empty the dishwasher and wipe the counters, and make myself sick I usually call my mom in tears. She's the best. Last time she said, "Honey, you have two babies growing inside of you. You've got to take a break. What have you eaten today? Did you eat?" She always asks me what I'm eating, even when I'm not pregnant. It's not that I don't eat well. I'm the queen of fruits and veggies - just not when I have morning sickness. But I eat lots of good stuff.

Can we talk cravings? Oh my gosh. So first, the babies wanted nothing but Taco Bell. I tried to practice that in moderation and only eat one meal a day there. Then I bought some of those microwave burritos, the spicy beef kind. The babies liked those but still preferred Taco Bell. Then, a few days ago baby A wanted olives so I ate a jar of olives. I wanted nothing but olives all day. I ate other things but kept coming back to the olives. The next day baby B wanted cheesecake. I ate two pieces, once for each of them. It's not fair to make them share.

On an unrelated note, Will announced today that I have three weeks to make him a sheep costume. I was excited. That is such a school mom project. I'm a school mom. That's just so cool.

1 comment:

Rachie Rach said...

Being a mommy is so great, isn't it? I loved visiting with you last week...I even got a nap in that afternoon. Sounds like you didn't though...hmmmm.
I'm so happy we're pregnant together...the problem??? I'm already bigger than you and YOU'RE carrying twins!! Granted I'm 4 1/2 weeks further along than you but STILL!!!!