Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Getting Ready for Halloween

Will is going to be Luke STYwalker, Jedi Knight. He estimates that he will be getting "more than 100 candies, maybe even a billion." (Here's hoping not). Mr. Cubby is going to be a pudgy spider. We've got spider lights hanging off of our breakfront and cobwebs on our bushes outside. Very spooky house this year - especially with the window clings from Walmart that say "Beware of candy munching ghosts."

Names have been the talk of our family lately. John and I have told Will that we're having some number of kids in seven or so months and have told him that we'd love to hear name suggestions. Will was happy to give us a lot of good suggestions. I will post the top 5 here, now.

1. Star Wars (This was the very first name he thought of and likes it quite a bit. I asked him if he liked the name "Luke" thinking he'd say yes, but he said no, he prefers we name the baby Star Wars)
2. Crunchy (he honestly believes this is a contender)
3. Squishy (he was just being silly here)
4. Dairio (as in "Hi ho the dairy-o the farmer in the dell - a keeper!)
5. Tom and Jerry (if it's twins)

Will, as you might guess, is not going to be allowed to influence the baby naming process though we are keeping a list of all the name suggestions just in case he ever has kids.

Further updates include heartburn is getting worse but I'm very happy because this means my consumption of Rolaids soft chews increases. Yum! Morning sickness is bad but I've only thrown up once so far. (knock on wood) It shouldn't have happened. I took my prenatal with oj on an empty stomach. Note to future pregnant Suzanne, don't drink oj on empty stomach during first trimester. Also, my jeans don't button comfortably anymore - bring on the Bella Band! (I'm only 8 weeks!!!!!) And I'm still tired. I didn't get my nap today because I had recess duty (so fun seeing Will play with his friends) and I'm testy. However my bad mood from lack of nap is balanced by my good mood from a Packer win against the Broncos last night so it's not as bad as it could be.

Still looking for an OB. After a long heart to heart with John, I think I'm finally at peace but will see how I feel tomorrow. If I could, I would go back to Tepeyac (sp?). Unfortunately, our insurance doesn't cover neonatology at Fair Oaks. And since there is a chance we might need intervention of some sort at birth we'd like to not have to pay through the teeth for it.

So that's the long and the short of it. Have a spooook-tac-u-lar Halloween.

3 comments:

Maura said...

Is the intervention at birth because there are more than one in there?? I'll have to live in suspense a little while longer. Dun dun dun daaaaaah.

Suzanne said...

Yes. You are correct in your assumption. There is more than one in there. :)

Maura said...

AAAAHHH!