Thursday, October 4, 2007

Due Date: June 7th

So the baby (babies?) is/ are due on June 7th. We're just thrilled to pieces that I'm pregnant again. (I am absolutely fobidden from saying "we're pregnant" because John tells me, and I concur, that he is not pregnant - just me). Today we got our second set of BhCG numbers and they were solid, had a good doubling time (1.64 days). All indications are - at this early stage - that this pregnancy is going to go the distance. We'll feel much better in a few weeks when we can see the heartbeat.

I mentioned before that I took an HPT on Sept. 23. I thought - why not, right? Got a negative. I realized that it was stupid early to expect a positive. So I promised John I wouldn't test again until much later in the week. But I couldn't wait. On Sept. 25 I whipped out a stick in the morning and took another test. Positive, faintly so. We were cautiously optimistic about the pregnancy but wanted to see a darker line. Next day, in the evening, I took my third and final HPT. It was so totally positive. It was great. I still have it sitting out in our master bathroom. I mailed a picture to my mom. I'm so proud and excited.

We were pretty sure that we'd get a positive blood test it was just a matter of how high and would the BhCG double. Thankfully, things look good for at least one of the little guys.

Special thanks to Our Lady of Fatima for this miracle.

2 comments:

Maura said...

WOO HOO! The stick in the bathroom and the pic sent to your mom -- great! I said about our stick of joy that indicated Jude that if I hadn't just you-know-whatted on it, I'd keep it. I guess I am not the only one. Again, WOO HOO for double the BhCG!

Rachie Rach said...

Congratulations, girl!!! I'm so happy for you guys. I'm May 1st and you're June 7th....whaoooo!!! Spring babies! :-)