Sunday, April 6, 2008

31 Weeks

Here's a shout out to all my girlfriends for throwing me a great baby shower yesterday. I know I've got great friends because I don't know many women who have friends willing to throw three baby showers - for the same person - ME - within four years of each other. Admittedly, we all share an affection for parties and shower food, which doesn't hurt. I promised to be back in a year or two pregnant with triplets so another shower could be justified.

The balloons were a big hit with Mr. Cubby. My favorite advice came from Rachel, who had GD during her first pregnancy. "You don't have your metre yet? (She swears she's British so she probably spells 'meter' that way - though without the accent, one has to wonder). Girlfriend, eat what ever you want." You know that's just what I wanted to hear since I've spent the last week nearly starving to death (OK, maybe that's a slight exaggeration) trying not to eat too many carbs. I mean, honestly, there is only so much beef jerky a girl can eat before she crumbles and turns to the Cheerios for a little carb relief.

I'd single Heather out for all her awesome cooking and partying throwing but she doesn't read this so poo to you, Heather. But I will give a shout out to my friend, Irene, who donated her life savings to the gift card fund. Holly, who co-hosted the shower doesn't read this either so poo to you, Holly. And Rachel, who was already singled out once, great party, thanks for being the motivating co-host behind the festivities.

Baby update: they haven't been born yet and are kicking HARD so all is still well.

Pregnancy update: I've been having a lot of cramping on and off in my lower abdomen, especially after an active day (of getting up from the couch a lot to stop Mr. Cubby from pulling lamps off tables and the like). The cramping is indeed a sign of pre-term labor (or labour if you're Rachel) so I haven't told anyone about it since I'd probably get super glued to my bed. I'm already too depressed over not being able to go out shopping; I couldn't handle being confined to bed all day. I'm a busy girl.

3 comments:

Rachie Rach said...

I love you, Suzi!!! I absolutely had so much fun on Saturday and I'm so glad you did too. Take it easy, okay? :-) Although at least you're 31 weeks along so if something were to happen, they'd probably be just fine.
I HATE bedrest esp. when all you want to do is go shopping....I so get that!!!
You're the BEST, Suzi...thanks for making me smile AND thanks for the shout-out!

Maura said...

Sorry I missed all the fun. Stay off your feet, and pray for my sister who is in labor right now with her second.

Suzanne said...

maura, i'll pray for your sister. let me know how things go!