Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Difference Prayer and Childbirth Make

I can't emphasize enough the importance and the power of prayer in our embryo adoption this time. There were so many things guided by the hand of God. He put powerful prayer warriors in our path just days before the transfer was to take place. People we hadn't seen or talked to in a year or longer. People who have a direct line, unlike me who has to go through the automated answering system before getting a live operator who will then sometimes transfer me to the Big Guy.

A priest friend offered mass for us yesterday. A dear friend who is becoming a consecrated early next year prayed for us. My very holy godparents offered up mass and a super holy family of ten... no, eleven offered their family rosary. Not to mention all of my friends, family and of course mom, dad, mother-in-law and father-in-law and me'n John. The prayer accomplished amazing things through out our entire trip.

I also have to give a shout out to natural childbirth as a good prep for anything painful that might happen in lower girly parts.

As I mentioned in a past entry about the trial transfer, the "this might hurt a bit" part which usually made me hyperventilate and grab my arms so hard they bruised was uncomfortable but manageable.

The official transfer has a "you might feel a burning sensation" part. It wasn't the good type of muscle burn that makes you want to kill your spinning instructor. It was relentless and lasted about three million years.

They say, "Is everything OK? Are you comfortable?" I say, "Pretty good but warn me before you start that burning thing."

Doctor says, "OK then, we're ready to start the burning." (Really that's what he said. He's cool that way).

I grit my teeth and grab John's hand. Strangely, while it burns, it's not as awful as it was before. I found that I wasn't hyperventilating.

Nurse sees look of calm on my face and says, "Is it bad?" And I say, "Can't they use something else, like Neosporin?" And then I add, "It's not something I want to do everyday but it's not bad."

Alcohol torture lasts for a few minutes. Then it's over.

The best part is yet to come but Mr. Cubby just woke up and this is my first time seeing him in two days so I'm going to end here for now.

No comments: