Monday, September 24, 2007

EA part 2

After the alcohol wash, the only uncomfortable part of the procedure remaining was the pressing of the full bladder with the ultrasound device. Thankfully it didn't last for long.

In our previous three embryo adoption transfers it took an excruciating amount of time for the doctor to thread the catheter and for them to find the catheter on the ultrasound.

This time it took five minutes for the whole thing. Catheter went in. Ultrasound found it right away. Dr said, "Get the solution ready" or something like that. I was watching my uterus on TV so I was distracted. Nurse tells me I have a beautiful uterus (true). I say, "Yes, I get that a lot."

There is some movement at the embryo adoption window. Doctor announces, "They're in." Gives catheter back to embryologist. Embryologist checks catheter for stragglers and then announces, "Clear."

Hooray. I'm pregnant with triplets.

The embryo adoption window is pretty cool. I don't usually get a good view because the blinds are nearly always drawn when I get there. The embryologist, one of the smartest in the world, Carol, sits in there with scrubs and a surgical mask. Really, it's like a baby drive thru. They walk me in. Dr. says, "3 cute babies please." Carol slides open the little window of her climate controlled baby defrosting room and gives them to the Dr.

After the transfer, I'm wheeled out and made to wait the longest hour of my life before they let me use the restroom. The staff brought me a Coke, which I gave to John - because hello not only was I in no position to drink any liquid, Coke is a diuretic. But they also gave me cheesy Ritz bits. LOVE THEM. And I managed to eat most of them in spite of the bladder issue. I can always make room for Ritz bits.

So I'm in the dreadful 2week wait (aka 2ww). I think the earliest I could have a positive HPT is on Sept. 26 but I'm not sure if I'll test that day or wait until the feast of the Archangels. Rrrriiiiiiiight. Who am I kidding. I started testing yesterday. Don't tell John. BFN (of course)

Mr. Cubby is awake from his nap 1 hour early. We are going to have a grumpy afternoon.

No comments: