Friday, September 7, 2007

Wonderful Warm Fuzzy

I only have time for a short post. Things are still progressing well with the EA. Our homestudy was accepted so now all we have to do it wait for the big day and keep up with my shots.

Mr. Cubby is walking now. He still cruises and crawls the majority of the time but he trusts himself to let go and wander into the middle of the room. It's the cutest thing ever.

Speaking of the cutest thing ever, last night I checked in on Will before going to bed. He kicked all his covers off and was stirring. I tucked him in. He opened his mouth and I knew before he spoke that he was going to ask for a drink of water. Poor kid. I could hear the dryness in his mouth. So I grabbed the water I had brought up for myself (I always keep a cup of water by my bed at night).

Now Will has a thing lately about how the water has to be from the fridge and not the tap. It's colder that way. When I gave him the water he looked from me to the water and back and croaked, "Is it from the fridge." The kid is dying of dehydration but he still wants to know. "Yes," I told him. "It's from the fridge and it has ice."

The smile that broke across his face was huge and so very tired. He drank loudly for a moment and then paused. Looking at me, with that same smile he said, "I'm glad I have a mom."

No comments: