Monday, September 3, 2007

Novena to OLOF

One order of business to take care of before I start the blog. My medical and mood progress report is as follows. Transvaginal ultrasound (which I did not need a full bladder for) and estrogen levels are excellent. I got a green light to proceed with my Estrace. We're in the home stretch. Only 15 more days until the adoption and FET. I can't believe it.

Mood is much better. I'm not sure why. There have been a lot of changes. 1. Anorexic beach week is over. No need to stress about a week with the in-laws in a big house. 2. Bleeding has stopped. Maybe the extreme irritability and depression were caused by severe PMS. 3. I'm off the birth control pill for good (until next EA). I'm telling you it makes me crazy. 4. I started taking Estrace two days ago in conjunction with the Lupron and my 3-day headache finally went away.

I'm still having a lot of trouble sleeping. I have a hard time falling asleep, even though I'm exhausted and then I wake up several times a night convinced Mr. Cubby is in bed with us and in some kind of danger (image of Trainspotting baby happens a lot at night). I usually claw at or punch John, often in places that wake him instantly and he calms me down.

So that's my update on how the meds are doing for me.

I'm finally seeing a light at the end of the drug tunnel. My mood is definitely better. I'm slightly more manic. I'm planning to rip apart our master bedroom closet (don't tell John) and repaint a bathroom and reconfigure the laundry room, write an awesome novel that has a role that every leading man in Hollywood is going to fight for, annnd give birth to full term triplets. There are some other plans to that I don't remember off hand.

Our Lady of Fatima, Pilgrim statue version, visited our parish this week. I ended up enrolled in the Brown Scapular Club (BSC). Very exclusive and itchy club (itchy due to wool in scapular). Will and John were also enrolled. That's got to be good for our upcoming adoption. Then we also started a novena to Our Lady of Fatima. We're praying for all of our adopted embryos to survive the transfer. Triplets. I know. It's crazy. But can do it... we want to do it. We prayed for triplets last time too and got Mr. Cubby, who is as big as three babies.

I also check dates for due date and transfer date to see which saints will be in our corner that day. So we're having the transfer done on Sept. 18, Feast of St. Joesph Cupertino - the flying saint. He's very cool. We like him. And a priest we know with a devotion to St. JC is saying a mass for us that day. Go team. Then, and this is my favorite part, we're going to be due at the beginning of June HOWEVER if I go 2 wks early like I did w/ Mr. Cubby the delivery date could fall on the Feast of St. Philip Neri, only the funniest saint to ever live. Aaaaaand even cooler is that May 2 is the Feast of St. Anthanasius - the saint that brought me and DH together. So if we do indeed have triplets and they are indeed born early, as triplets often are, perhaps we can hit May 2. I know this probably sounds stupid to most people who aren't me and John but I'm just so psyched.

A long time ago, before we had kids, when I was just aching for a baby to hold I said a prayer to St. Athanasius on his feast day and I asked him for help. He instantly calmed my anxiety and I knew that things would be OK. I knew that somewhere in the world there was a baby waiting for us. It turned out to be Will... and then Mr. Cubby. I really think that St. A will be praying extra hard for us this time.

No matter what happens, we know the saints are in our corner. And I don't have ESP and prayers and good feelings don't make me psychic. But I think that if a Wiccan can win the lottery, certainly God could give us triplets.

Oh and one last thing. We don't think Will has an attachment disorder anymore. It's more likely that it's sensory integration dysfunction. Will post more on that when and if we ever get confirmation.

1 comment:

Maura said...

I am relieved for you that you don't think Will has RAD. I was trying to think of ways I could help with that cross but coming up with nothing -- except those flowers I owe you! Praying hard too for all things to go smoothly in the coming weeks.